Welcome to Indian Springs
As you turn in to Indian Springs’ palm tree lined drive, you’re entering a historic spa resort. Situated in Calistoga at the northern end of the Napa Valley, Indian Springs Resort and Spa is California’s oldest continuously operated pool and spa facility. It unfolds over 17 acres of hills and ponds, olive and palm trees, and roses and lavender.
The property is blessed with rare, substantial natural resources, which have inspired a long tradition of healing and renewal. Four thermal geysers produce rich mineral water and a deposit of pure volcanic ash also runs through the property. The waters supply our mineral pool and steam rooms, and combined with the ash, create the special mud for our famous mud baths.
People have long recognized the restorative powers of this land. The Wappo Indians settled here 8,000 years ago, bathing in the warm waters. The Spanish followed, naming the grounds “Agua Caliente.” Notable Californian Sam Brannan was an early promoter of the area and, in 1861, created the original spa, mud baths, and water plunge (now our Olympic-sized mineral pool).
That rich past continues to inspire the present. Guests still enjoy many of the same spa traditions and resort amenities of more than a century ago, from our cottages to mud soaks and the mineral pool, to shuffleboard and croquet.
In fact, the core experience at Indian Springs has changed very little over the years. That’s not a coincidence. Out of great respect for its traditions, we offer guests an authentic spa and resort experience that’s one of a kind. We invite you to visit and see how the past inspires the present.
- All reservations must be guaranteed by a valid credit card at the time of booking.
- Full deposit required at time of booking, 100% room rate, plus tax.
- All cancellations made within 7 days of arrival are subject to a cancellation fee of one night’s room rate plus tax (unless otherwise stated). The same penalties apply to no-shows. A $25 service fee is applied to cancellations outside 7 days (unless otherwise stated).
- The Pool welcomes Resort guests only, and guests under the age of 14 must be accompanied by an adult.
- We welcome service animals in compliance with federal and state laws, however pets are not permitted in the hotel.
- Indian Springs Calistoga is a smoke-free resort. All areas of the Resort are considered non – smoking. In compliance with the California Indoor Clean Air Act, the resort, guest rooms, and balconies / patios are totally non-smoking. Guests who smoke in their guest rooms will be assessed a $250 cleaning and displacement fee and then asked to stop smoking. Guests who continue to smoke will be asked to leave the Resort.